Thank you for inquiring about our premium grass-fed finished beef. Please read the following information prior to placing your order.
|Live Weight||This is the weight of an animal while it is “on the hoof” or living.|
|Hanging Weight||This is the weight of an animal as it hangs on the rail at the meat locker after hide, head and hooves, etc. have been removed. Depending on the breed and animal, hanging weight is commonly around 60% of live weight for beef.|
|Cut Weight||Also called “Take-Home” or “Finished” weight, this is the weight of the actual meat that you will receive after excess fat and bone are removed. Depending on the breed and animal, cut weight is commonly around 60% of hanging weight for beef.|
Grass-fed Finished Beef Cost (*processing costs not included):
- Whole steer = $3.35/lb. hanging wt.
- By the half = $3.50/lb. hanging wt.
- By the split half = $3.65/lb. hanging wt.
Payment and Pick Up:
We will let you know the hanging weight and cost of your order shortly after processing the animal. Payment arrangements will be made once you place your order with us and determine your pick-up date.
Ready to Place Your Order?
Please place your order via one of the following ways:
- Fill out the Contact form below
- Message us on Facebook (click the icon at the bottom of this page)
- Call or text Emma Klessig at (920) 901-1014
- Email Saxon Homestead Farm at firstname.lastname@example.org